We began the day by splicing together the 30' 2"x8" beams that hold the sides together, using a generous 4' splice piece for the center seam and another 2' one for the tad we're adding at the bow.
The finished beam is huge.
Leveling this thing was a bloody pain. The place we're building slopes in about six different directions, and since there's no real level visual point of reference, everything looks wrong at all times, even if its square and level. I kept checking myself because it never looked right. It is, though.....mercifully.
Once I finally got the murderously heavy beams....long enough to be floppy if they turn sideways.....hefted up and into place and relatively level, adding the stringers went pretty quickly. We did do a couple of things that really helped: One was using patio foundation blocks on the top of our piers to hold the wood steady and help us keep square.