.....again. I'm so tired of dodging this bizarre weather.
Today we got the first wall up and braced into place, assembled the second, and got that up as well....
The outer walls are very lightweight, really just frames for the exterior sheathing. The weight is all bourn by the kingposts fore and aft.
I used clamps and a bit of wood to make sure the beams were in line where they met before glueing and stapling them into submission.
View from starboard.
And the second wall goes up.
And then, of course, we had to put everything away because it freaking threatened rain again.
A note about wood: It sucks anymore. I hand picked these pieces, and they're still warped, bent, knotholed, splitting, and, in general, terrible.
We do with what we have.
Post a Comment