I started by roughly laying the sheets in place and learning just how much warpage, lousy carpentry on my part, and accumulated error can screw with a design.
Regardless, we started by putting in place the last floor panel on the aft end, the ladder not being talented at levitation.
That being done, we completed the upper level. Some of the panels were off enough that I had to sister the underlaying rafter to make sure there was enough wood there to staple into. The carpentry on the second deck is horrible. Sorry folks, my bad, but it is. Its gonna need some fill and trimming before it's acceptable.
But it's up.
The slot down the middle, btw, is so we can get the bed and futon couch up once the roof skin is on (I'm disinclined, given the weather lately, to put them up there until the boat is fully enclosed.), at which point we'll drop the 2' plywood panels into place and shift the furniture into their appropriate locations.
Here's a long shot of today's efforts......we're getting there.
Post a Comment