So today, dodging rainstorms, we managed to get the aft gores up into place and the purlins for the front of the boat. A lot of our time was taken up reenforcing the supports under the vessel. With all the rains, erosion has been causing some of the piling supports to slide, and it's making me nervous. The sooner I get this thing in the water the better.
Heres all three of the sets of gores in place
The first purlin goes up, connecting the front , second, and third kingpost
....and the side purlin to starboard
And all the front ones in place....at this point it started raining again, so we called it quits for the day.
Last night was a major moment in downsizing. We pulled all of our rather sizable art collection from storage and held a silent auction. Managed, happily, to place some of the larger pieces in good homes. If you didn't stop by, here's some of what you missed. (sorry about the grainy photos...not a light of light)
But wait, there's still time! If you're interested in acquiring some of our collection, drop me a line and we'll see if we can arrange a showing. Mungosforge at gmail dot com :)
Tomorrow, with any luck with the weather, we'll get the rest of the purlins, the hoops, and the roof membrane in place. Wish us luck.
Post a Comment